Start Here - Lists
You may also import contacts by uploading a formatted CSV file. In this tutorial, you'll learn how create and manage a list of contacts.
In This Article
Create a New List
You can create a new list and add contacts in a few different ways:
- Type or paste individual contact emails
- Upload from a file. Be sure to format the CSV correctly.
- Copy & paste from a spreadsheet
To create a list:
- Click Lists in the lefthand sidebar, then click Create List
Name your list and click
Add New Contacts
- You may also import contacts by uploading a formatted CSV file.
Simply drag and drop your CSV into the uploader, click
Update List and you'll receive an email notification once your list has finished processing.
Formatting Guidelines for Import
- If uploading only contact emails, your CSV should include one email per line in a single column.
- If uploading contact emails and names, your CSV must define the two header columns as email and firstname. Download an example here.
Finding List ID
There may be an instance where you may want to see a list's ID – such as for custom list implementations via our REST API.
You can easily find a list's ID below the name of your list in the contacts view.
To see this, you'd need to:
Go into your lists section on the application
Click on contacts to enter the list
Use our easy copy-paste feature to copy the ID of your list.
Available Merge Tags
You can use merge tags in order to inject List data into your emails.
||The email address of a list's lead|
||The lead's first name|
||Custom field 1*|
||Custom field 2*|
||Custom field 3*|
||Custom field 4*|
||Custom field 5*|
Custom field merge tags are only used when your Lists have custom data being passed to us via REST API.
Custom Field Settings
If you're passing custom fields for your Lists, it would be helpful to have a friendly name that labels those custom fields. To do so, we have created the video below to help you create custom labels for those fields.